Recipe – Raita with Radish
Raita is any combination of vegetable, fruit- fresh or dried, coconut or nuts, spices, herbs, salt, pepper and plain yogurt. With creativity, you can add just about anything to yogurt to make a raita. A raita can be served with most vegetarian meals or enjoyed alone as a snack. Vegan cooks can use plain soy yogurt to make raita, or try a combination of whipped silken tofu and soy yogurt.
- 1 Cup Radishes, trimmed, grated
- ½ cup Yogurt low fat, dairy or non-dairy, plain
- ¼ t Black mustard seeds, ground
- 2 T Cilantro, with tender stems, chopped
- Salt, just a sprinkle or to taste
- Assemble and prepare all ingredients
- Combine yogurt, salt, mustard, grated radishes and cilantro. Mix well.
- Serve as a side dish or condiment with a meal.