Gita provides Medical Nutrition Therapy to individuals and groups. In addition to in person consultations, a combination of Skype, e mail and telephone consultation options are also available. Hippocrates said, “Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.” At least four of the ten leading causes of death in the USA-heart disease, cancer, stroke and diabetes- are directly related to the way we eat; diet is also implicated in many other chronic conditions. Alzheimer’s, dementia, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and osteoporosis develop silently and painlessly. People don’t usually know they have them until the condition is well advanced and symptoms are present. These Chronic diseases can be prevented with lifestyle changes and healthy eating. As an Integrative care practitioner I help my clients understand how good nutrition is the foundation for optimum health.
I am a participating provider with the following insurance companies:
• Blue Cross and Blue Shield, New England, New Hampshire
• Cigna health care
• Harvard Pilgrim health care
• Vermont Blue Cross and Blue Shield
My current clients include infants, children, teens, and adults, both men and women. Gita believes there is no nutritional equivalent of a one size fits all for having optimum health and energy. Her service is tailored to fit the individual. Gita helps her clients translate the science of nutrition into the Art of Healthy Cooking and Eating to promote optimum health and energy. We now know that inflammation is the cause of many chronic diseases. I teach you how to incorporate anti-inflammatory foods into your diet and cut back on pro-inflammatory foods that promote disease. Gita provides medical nutrition therapy for people with diverse medical conditions, both for prevention and management of chronic diseases.
• Cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, high triglycerides
• Celiac disease management
• Diabetes management
• Eating disorders
• Food allergies, food intolerances and delayed food sensitivities
• Gastrointestinal disorders such as crohn’s, colitis, IBS, IBD, constipation and diarrhea.
• Insulin Resistance management
• Osteoporosis prevention and management
• Obesity and weight management
• Poly Cystic ovarian syndrome
• Pre and post natal care
• Pre and post menopause care
• Vegetarian nutrition