2013 “Benefits of vegetarian nutrition for feeding health” New Hampshire Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics on 4/25/13
2012 NNM, I spoke at Concord Hospital in NH on ” Get our Plates in Shape: Eat to reduce Oxidative Stress and Inflammation”
2012 4/12 I recorded a radio podcast for Donna Feldman, RD
2011 “Carbohydrates and Health: Understanding Fiber, Glycemic Index and Resistant Starch” webinar for Morrison on 2/10/11
2011 “GI Disorders and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods and Food Additives” at the North East Massachusetts Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Integrative Nutrition Symposium on 3/11/11
2011 “GI Disorders and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods and Food Additives” in Albuquerque, New Mexico, at the New Mexico Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Conference on 4/15/11
2010 “Nutritional Implications and Management of People with Diabetes Who Smoke” at the University of West Indies Diabetes Outreach Project Conference in Jamaica on March 25-28, 2010
2010 “Hormonal Help: Functional Foods for Women of Reproductive Age” at the Georgia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in Atlanta, Georgia, on 4/29/10
2010 “Diabetes and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods and Chemicals” at the West Virginia Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in Charleston, West Virginia, on 4/30/10
2010 “Diabetes and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods and Chemicals” at the New Jersey Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in New Brunswick, New Jersey, on 5/14/10
2010 “Diabetes and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods” at the Vermont Association of Diabetes Educators in Montpelier, Vermont, on 9/10/10
2010 “Feeding Health with Diabetes” in Hartford, Connecticut, for National Diabetes Month on 11/6/10
Gita has presented at the following organizations and events:
• The 67th Scientific Sessions conference of the American Diabetes Association, in Chicago, June 2007 “Changing Perceptions of Vegetarianism – Health Benefits of a Plant-Based Diet. Practical Applications of Implementing a Vegan Meal Plan-Adherence Made Easy.”
• American Dietetic Association meeting in Chicago in October 2008 “Hormonal Help! Functional Foods for Women of Reproductive age.”
• American Association of Diabetes Educators national meeting, August 2009 “Surviving Diabetes in a High-Tech World: The Changing Face of Diabetes Management.” August 2009 “Diabetes and Inflammation: Inflammatory Effects of Foods and Chemicals.”
• At the University of West Indies Diabetes Outreach Project Conference in Jamaica March 25-28, 2010. Topic is “Nutritional Implications and Management of People with Diabetes Who Smoke”.
• At the Georgia Dietetic Association, in Atlanta, GA on 4/29/10.
• At the West Virginia Dietetic Association, in Charleston, WV on 4/30/10.
• At the New Jersey Dietetic Association, in New Brunswick NJ on 5/14/10.
• At the Vermont Association of Diabetes Educators meeting in Montpelier, VT on 9/10/10.
• Live taped cooking demonstration at the “Taste of Atlanta” cooking competition, event on 10/23/10 in Atlanta, GA.
• Invitation to speak at the Hartford Hospital in Connecticut for National Diabetes month on 11/6/10
• New Hampshire Dietetic Association, 5/5/09, concord, NH.
• Vermont Dietetic Association and Vermont Association of Diabetes Educators’ joint conference on 5/11/07
• “Feeding Health with MS” (Multiple Sclerosis) New England chapter of the MS society, 4/26/09, in NH. In 2008 I spoke in Massachusetts and in NH. I have spoken for the MS society meetings between 2004 and 2009.
• “Promoting Nutrition for Health in children” for UNICEF in Vadodara, Gujarat, India, 12/2008. “Importance of Nutrition for Health in Diabetes” at Dr Mohan’s Diabetes Center in Chennai, India, 12/2008.
• Speaker at Women’s Health Resource Center, Lebanon, NH. “Nutrition
Through menopause and beyond” in September 2007
• The Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. “Update on Women’s Health” in Lebanon, NH, on 5/1/06 with a presentation entitled, “Nutrition and Exercise in Women with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome).”
• Consultant at a cooking school in Bologna in the Emilia Romania region in Italy between 4/12/08 and 4/19/08 as a nutrition consultant at the Bluone Vegetarian Cooking tours in Italy.
• “Get a Taste for Nutrition” 2005, National Nutrition Month- taught 2 classes on nutrition through vegetarian Indian cooking
• A three part television series for local access community television in 2004 for National Nutrition Month. The purpose was to promote nutrition and the Registered Dietitian (RD). The first part included the role of the RD and going through the Diet Jungle. The next part was a supermarket tour, followed by cooking demonstrations in Gita’s kitchen.
• Numerous Lunch and Learn sessions for different groups focusing on the prevention of chronic diseases through nutrition
• Numerous talks to Elder Hostel groups and women’s groups
• 2005, Guest lecturer at the College for Lifelong Learning in Feb-March, Lebanon, NH. Topic was Nutrition and Women’s Health.
• Numerous radio and community talks, Elder Hostel and local hospital talks in NH.
2009 – Co-authored an article for the women’s health practice group of the American Dietetic Association, titled “Functional foods for Hormonal Health”.
2008 – Wrote an article on “A closer look at complementary and alternative medicines: Overview of Functional Medicine” for the Integrative Care Specialty Practice Group of the American Association of Diabetes Educators online newsletter, FYI.
2007 – Completed writing a continuing education course on Diabetes and Vegetarian Nutrition for CEUs4U..
2005 – Published an article in the July issue of Journal of The American Dietetic Association, “Essential fats in walnuts are good for the heart and diabetes.”